Table of Contents
- Best Robotic Pool Cleaner Reviews for 2021
- 1. Dolphin Escape – Best Above Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 2. Dolphin Nautilus Plus – Best In-Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 3. Dolphin Nautilus
- 4. Dolphin Oasis Z5
- 5. Dolphin Premier
- 6. Dolphin Triton Plus With PowerStream
- 7. Dolphin Triton
- 8. Hayward SharkVac – Best for Vinyl Pools
- 9. Hayward TigerShark QC
- 10. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 11. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner – Best for Leaves and Large Debris
- What is a Robotic Pool Cleaner?
- 10 Reasons You should Buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Vital Things Worth Knowing Before You Buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Upgrades That Will Save You Money
Best Above Ground Pool Robotic Cleaners
|1||Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner||9.3|
Best Inground Robotic Pool Cleaners
The automatic pool cleaners come in three categories: pressure-side pool cleaners, suction-side pool cleaners, robotic pool cleaners. Compared to other types, robotic cleaners are the best in several aspects.
We have done detailed research and analysis, and here we present to you all the relevant and important information about the best robotic pool cleaners.
Best Robotic Pool Cleaner Reviews for 2021
1. Dolphin Escape – Best Above Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Escape above ground pool robotic cleaner is designed with multiple amazing features to enhance the cleanliness of the pool floor. Coming with powerful 24-volt DC motor and HyperBrush technology, there is no doubt that this pool vacuum can clean all the dirt from your swimming pool.
Besides that, this automatic pool cleaner takes only one-and-a-half-hour to complete a cleaning cycle. This implies that you are not going to waste much of time on cleanliness. In regards to body design, the Dolphin Escape is made of light, ergonomic frame that makes cleaning your pool more of fun than working.
Despite having all those amazing features, as well as, being rated as 2017’s best above ground pool robotic cleaner this pool robot is still sold cheaply. It also comes with a one year warranty, which is long enough to tell you whether or not you chose a dysfunctional machine.
- Saves energy thus enhancing cleanliness at low costs.
- Cleans fast and thoroughly by utilizing its ultra-fine filters and SmartNav system
- Large enough to access and clean filter cartridge on your own
- Its 40-foot length is long enough to thwart tangling problem.
- Not Schedulable. Unlike other pool cleaners of this category, this brand can’t be programmed to conduct weekly cleaning on its own.
- No timer. It has no option of setting the exact time it should start and end the cleaning.
- No remote-controlled system. At such price, it is undesirable for this brand to lack this basic feature.
2. Dolphin Nautilus Plus – Best In-Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
Based on the Nautilus Plus pool robot’s features and cleaning capacity, actually, the owners of 50-feet pools have every reason to smile. Designed with CleverClean technology, you can rest assured that your pool will be cleaned well no matter the texture of its surface. This because CleverClean technology can differentiate rough from smooth surfaces; consequently, it responds by using an appropriate filter-option to clean the surface at hand.
Furthermore, the Dolphin Nautilus Plus comes with a weekly timer; therefore, you can program it to be cleaning your pool at intervals without necessarily requiring you to be physically available.
Another good thing is that this Dolphin pool cleaner has two types of filter cartridges; as a result, it can scrub and clean both small-size and large-size dirt. Besides that, you can easily access, clean and fix back the filter cartridges without having to contact a technician.
Also, just like other pool vacuums produced by Maytronics, the Nautilus Plus comes with a patented 360-degree anti-tangling technology. Consequently, its cable can rotate efficiently as it cleans your pool without tangling.
When it comes to saving resources, the Dolphin Nautilus Plus uses strictly what you give it. This is because its energy consumption depends primarily on the size of the filter and the capacity of the pump supplying water to the pool. Therefore, you can save a significant amount of energy by using a relatively smaller pump.
Moreover, this inground robotic pool cleaner comes with a two-year warranty which is long enough to discover whether or not you bought a dysfunctional machine.
- Can clean both fine and coarse dirt in the pool efficiently.
- Noise-free. Unlike most of the pool cleaners on the market which are just as noisy as they are functional, the Nautilus Plus operates quietly. In fact, unless you see it moving, you will hardly realize that it is cleaning.
- Fair deal. The Dolphin Nautilus Plus attracts comparatively lower prices despite functioning more than most of the large pool cleaners on the market. On top of that, this brand is highly durable.
- Simplicity. The Nautilus Plus works on its own. To operate and maintain it, you simply need to read its self-explanatory manual.
- Heavyweight. While its 17-lb weight may sound like a small weight, it makes it hard to lift this machine from the water.
- Some users have complained of its failure to siphon large-sized debris properly.
3. Dolphin Nautilus
This robotic pool cleaner is ideal for pools no longer than 50-feet. The best part of the Dolphin Nautilus is that it sells at cheap prices despite its incredibly high ability to clean the walls, floor and coves of the pool.
Besides that, this automatic pool cleaner takes only three hours to remove all dirt from your pool. Also, you can easily access and clean its filters.
The Dolphin Nautilus comes with patented swivel cable; as a result, it doesn’t experience tangling problem. Above all, this pool robot is amongst the most energy-efficient cleaners on the market (15 cents per cleaning).
Moreover, the Dolphin Nautilus is self-programmed, simple to use and operates without connecting it to the pool system.
- Cleans without making noise
- Easy to access, clean and replace filters.
- Climbs wall to as high as the water table.
- No need of connecting it to pool system.
- Can’t clean the sharp corners of the pool.
- Comparatively heavy to lift from the water.
- Comes without a caddy hence hard to move it to the storeroom.
- Large dirt such as leaves may block its filters thus preventing it from working.
4. Dolphin Oasis Z5
This robotic pool cleaner is ideal for cleaning in-ground pools with a length of not more than 50 feet. It is designed with many great features. Here are some of the outstanding features of the Dolphin Oasis Z5 cleaner:
Easy-To-Access Filter Cartridges
To access and clean the Dolphin Oasis Z5’s filter cartridges, one simply opens the top cover and remove the accumulated dust. Note that this is not a feature you find in most of the robotic pool cleaners, as a good number of them have their openings placed at the bottom, thus making it hard to clean the cartridges.
So to remove accumulated debris from the cartridges, you will not have to turn the Dolphin Oasis Z5 upside down; instead, you will simply need water and hose.
Two Filters Options
This Dolphin pool cleaner has two filter options, course, and fine; consequently, it can clean both smooth and rough surfaces.
So in case, your swimming pool has little dirt to clean, you just switch on the ultra-fine filters do the cleaning. This is an ideal option for regular cleaning.
However, if your pool has accumulated a lot of dirt, maybe due to lack of regular cleaning, use course filter option. These filters will be able to scrub all the rough dirt, and perhaps leave the finer ones. Finally, you will switch to the ultra-fine option which will take care of the remaining part.
One more thing before we go to the next feature: switching from one option to another is as easy as swiping your smartphone to view the next photo in your gallery.
Dual Motor Power System
While it is typical for robotic pool cleaners to have only one motor, the manufacturer of the Dolphin Oasis Z5 took things to the next level by designing it with two motors.
The dual motors perform two different vital tasks. The first one propels the cleaning system, whereas, the second one, propels the filtration system. As a result, the Dolphin Oasis Z5 pool cleaner performs more efficiently than most of the robotic pool cleaners on the market.
When it comes to moving with technological changes, the Dolphin Oasis Z5 was not left behind either. Other than coming with a remote-control system, this pool robot has an intelligent scanning program (CleverClean) that enables it to spot and remove any dirt.
So in case you want to take a seat at one end of your swimming pool and command the Dolphin Oasis Z5 to clean the other far end, you have all the powers in your hands.
5. Dolphin Premier
Compared to other electric pool cleaners made by Maytronics, the Dolphin Premier robotic in-ground pool cleaner is far much ahead in several ways. But the most outstanding part has to do with its efficiency. Designed with Multi-Media filtration system, as well as, low-power-consuming DC motors, this automatic pool cleaner saves up to 87 percent of energy.
Four Media Types
While you are recommended to use each media based on the surface and dirt to be cleaned, disregarding this advice is no sin. All in all, just use the appropriate filter to achieve maximum cleanliness. Therefore, in case your swimming pool has accumulated some fine debris, please use micro-filter, because it won’t spare even a single particle. But if the dirt is composed of large-sized particles, make good use large filters. Note that, this is a feature that you will not find it in any other robotic pool cleaners in the market.
360° Anti-Tangle Swivel (Patented)
The 360° Anti-Tangle Swivel means that power cable can rotate freely without tangling. So far other manufacturers that use this technology have to buy if from Maytronics (the Dolphin pool cleaner manufacturer). In simple terms, the uniqueness of the Dolphin Premier is not only acknowledged by its users but also its competitors.
SmartNav Pool Surface Scanning System
This system ensures that the Dolphin Premier doesn’t just clean for the sake of doing so, rather cleans appropriately. The scanning system is composed of a microprocessor which interprets the information from the software and in turn command the hardware to clean accordingly. Anyway, that is just another boring explanation, particularly, if you haven’t attended coding classes. Simply put, SmartNav Pool Surface Scanning system enables this pool vacuum robot to clean surfaces in accordance with the type and amount of dirt at hand.
3,000 RPM Ultra-Efficient DC Motors
With 24-volt rating, these motors save power up to 90%. On average, the Dolphin Premier consumes 180 watts an hour, which translates to 60 cents a day.
- Four-filter options make it possible to clean all types of dirt
- Modular design eases its maintenance
- Best anti-tangle swivel
- SmartNav mapping system does not only cuts energy costs but also reduces damage to the cleaner, as we all, the pool surface by avoiding obstacles.
- Not easy to clean oversized debris
- Not ideal for cleaning steps.
6. Dolphin Triton Plus With PowerStream
Should you be looking for a robotic pool cleaner that will not just work properly, but last for years, the Dolphin Triton Plus with PowerStream got you.
While most of the pool vacuum robots on the market don’t perform impressively when it comes to cleaning walls and tiles, this one is different. The Dolphin Triton Plus does it well by sprinkling water gently as it scrubs every part of the wall. Besides that, this pool robot works conveniently, as the only thing you must ensure is moving the water pipe along.
In regards to efficiency, the huge brushes are designed to rotate at speed twice that of the robot. As a result, the Dolphin Triton Plus can clean all kinds of dirt on the walls, including those that appear impossible to clean.
The manufacturers of this robotic pool cleaner have also embraced the fact that technology is changing. As a result, they redesigned the Dolphin Triton Plus to support both Bluetooth and Maytronics MyDolphin apps. In simple terms, you longer have to hold the pool vacuum literally for it to clean. Instead, you comfortably take a seat on one side of your pool and direct the cleaner using your smartphone. By just tilting your phone (as you do while playing android games) you will make this machine to clean where exactly you want it to.
Maintenance of Dolphin Triton Plus with PowerStream is not a problem either. You simply open its large hinged top cover, remove the amazingly large filter basket, clean it and fixed it back.
Another good part of the Dolphin Triton Plus is that, even with such a high cleaning capability, it is still lightweight.
Meanwhile, the manufacturer of Dolphin Triton Plus had to remove some parts of the initial version, in order to make it compatible with the new technology. For instance, they removed swivel, as we as, floats to enhance its maneuverability and climbing ability. Moreover, the initial version of this robotic pool cleaner had a tangling problem (cable would tangle as you clean), but updated Dolphin Triton Plus overcame this challenge by employing anti-tangling program.
- It can clean all kinds of dirt on the walls of the pool.
- It has a programmed navigational system making it an effective cleaner. Furthermore, it cleans more while consuming less energy.
- Has an incredibly large basket enough to clean all dirt in cracks in the walls. Besides that, it is easy to empty the accumulated debris, clean it, and fix it back on your own.
- It has an option to use either filters or ultra-fine filters; consequently, it can clean your pool well irrespective of the amount and type of dirt to be repealed.
- Its compatibility with smartphone app does not only allow you to control it remotely, but it also enables you to schedule it for routine cleaning (for example, once per week).
- Highly versatile. With a two-cleaning option, as well as, high maneuverability, Triton Plus can clean walls regardless of their shapes and the amount of dirt at hand.
- Lightweight. For real this is the lightest cleaner we have ever handled. Weighing 17 pounds, it’s unarguably true that lifting it isn’t a challenge for many people.
- Simplicity. After reading the capabilities of this cleaner one is likely to imagine how complex Triton Plus is, but that is not the case. Its manual is self-explanatory, as a result, you can program it and even clean the filters without needing somebody’s assistance.
- It’s expensive, costing over $1,000.
- Unreliable controller app. While we never noticed any challenge using it, many buyers have complained of week Bluetooth signal and dysfunctional smartphone app.
7. Dolphin Triton
The Dolphin Triton robotic pool cleaner is recommended for in-ground swimming pools up to 50 ft. in length.
Unlike other automatic pool cleaners, this pool robot is tangle free. Coming with a 60-foot long cable, the Dolphin Triton can turn 360 degrees without experiencing any tangling problem. As a result, this pool vacuum can clean every part of your swimming pool including a floor, cove and walls.
The main challenge that comes with using Dolphin Triton has to do with its small-sized cartridge filters. Consequently, you have to clean it regularly. However, this problem is simplified by the fact that you can easily access and clean the cartridges. Furthermore, you can buy and install filter bags to increase the filtration capacity.
The Dolphin Triton comes with a caddy hence making moving it simpler. However, while it can be operated remotely, you have to buy remote-controlled system separately.
- Highly efficient, ($0.15 per cleaning)
- Easily accessible cartridges making maintenance it easier
- Anti-tangle design
- Little maintenance
- Relatively long warranty period
- Simple to use: no more connections except for power cable.
- Replacing the motor is costly.
8. Hayward SharkVac – Best for Vinyl Pools
The Hayward SharkVac is the newest model of the Tigershark series of robotic pool cleaners; as a result, it comes with incredible innovative features.
The Hayward SharkVac robotic pool cleaner is designed with two filters; consequently, it clears both small-sized and large-sized dirt present in a pool. Besides that, its filtration cartridges and debris collector are located on the top part (easily accessible), thus easing the internal cleaning process. This pool robot cleans quickly and efficiently, using the least amount of energy possible. In fact, the SharkVac is amongst the most energy-efficient robotic pool cleaners on the market (consuming as little energy as a bulb).
- Cleans amazingly well
- Cleans all surfaces in accordance with their texture
- Best for vinyl liner pools
- Energy efficient
- Out-of-water sensor prevents spoilage of motors
- No bags hence fewer chances of accidental spoilage
- Easy to access and clean filter cartridges
- Ready-to-use machine requiring no connections or pre-installation.
- Poor in climbing walls.
9. Hayward TigerShark QC
After having been in the market for at least 40 years, barely anything can stop this pool vacuum robot from making your swimming pool clean. The Hayward TigerShark QC is designed with a unique pattern that cleans all dirt on the sides, bottom and tile line of your pool.
Moreover, the Hayward TigerShark QC pool cleaner is not just designed to enhance the cleanliness of your swimming pool; rather, it does so keeping the costs as low as possible. Consequently, it cuts your energy cost up to 94 percent.
In regards to technicality, actually, you don’t need a lesson to operate this pool vacuum as you simply connect it to a power source and press a power button. In case you forget to power it off, don’t worry because it will do that for you after a 3-cycle cleaning (3 hours).
Additionally, the TigerShark QC is designed with a sensor, processor and a coded program. Therefore, before it starts to clean your pool, it assesses the size and determines the most energy-efficient cleaning pattern.
Furthermore, the TigerShark QC cleaner’s cartridge is easily accessible, as a result, you can always clean them on your own using a garden hose.
Also, unlike other robotic pool cleaners which use bags for collecting dirt, the TigerShark QC uses reinforced cartridges. Consequently, there are minimum-to-no chances of you spoiling it accidentally as you clean the cartridges.
- Cleans incredibly well
- Uses less energy thus cuts energy costs
- No bags hence fewer chances of accidental spoilage
- Ready-to-use machine
- No additional connections needed.
- Heavy unit
- Its caddy and remote-controlled system attracts extra cost.
10. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
Designed with alternating brushes, the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 robotic inground pool cleaner provides superior power and cleaning. It takes 2.5 hours to clean an average pool, thus saving your time.
Other than coming with a remote control unit, the Pentair Kreepy Krauly has a programmable system that allows you to schedule your weekly cleanings.
In addition to that, this pool vacuum robot is designed with an auto-reverse system; as a result, it barely gets stuck in the steps or corners of your pool.
The Pentair Kreepy Krauly also has an integrated, efficient filter system with reduces wear and tear, as well as, cut the pumping energy costs significantly.
Furthermore, the Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner comes with caddy, making its transportation and storage easier. It is simple to operate as it doesn’t need pool connections.
Also, it is easy to access and clean the filter cartridge thus reducing the chances of accidental spoilage. In fact, the Kreepy Krauly issues a warning whenever it needs your attention.
The good part is that the Pentair Kreepy Krauly robotic inground pool cleaner is energy efficient despite coming with several amazing features (daily costs 20 cents). However, its 45-pound weight makes it hard to lift it from water.
- Cleans both large- and small-sized dirt
- Is among the pool cleaners with best features on the market
- Large filter cartridges enough to accommodate huge debris.
- Incredibly heavyweight.
11. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner – Best for Leaves and Large Debris
Designed with 4 wheels and intelligent systems, the Polaris F9550 Sport robotic in-ground pool cleaner ensures that no dirt or algae stay in your swimming pool after cleaning.
On top of that, ActivMotion Sensor Technology enables this pool vacuum to move around freely and clean large pools, which many robotic cleaners in this category can’t manage.
The Polaris F9550 Sport comes with medium-size brushes that take care of small- to medium-size debris. When it comes to large-sized dirt, this pool robot is designed with Proprietary Vortex Vacuum Technology that enables it to pick large-sized debris, such as leaves.
Another good thing is that the Polaris F9550 Sport is not designed with filter bags despite filtering large-sized dirt. This pool vacuum features a large capacity filter canister, eliminating the need for messy bags.
Unlike other robotic pool cleaners on the market, the Polaris F9550 Sport can clean under stairs of your swimming pool as well as the corners in the shortest time possible. Moreover, you can control it remotely and program it to be cleaning the pool on a specific day of the week.
In regards to storage and transportation, the Polaris F9550 Sport pool vacuum robot comes with a strong caddy that makes it easy to move the cleaner to the house for storage.
- Cleans, amazingly well
- String, well-designed caddy eases transportation
- Easy to open and empty the accumulated debris.
- Lacks speed regulator
- Inefficient remote-control system.
What is a Robotic Pool Cleaner?
These are self-directed, energy-efficient machines that filter out all the dirt from all surfaces of swimming pools.
Some of the famous robotic pool cleaners that are currently available on the market include Aquabot, Hayward, Polaris, Maytronics, and Dolphin.
To use this machine, first, you have to elongate the electric power line to near your pool. Then ensure that your power line has a transformer that can convert 110-220-volt AC to 24-volt DC; otherwise, your cleaning process will be jeopardized. Next, you connect the cleaner’s power cable (30-100 feet long) to the electric socket. You can finally power it on and do the cleaning.
How Do Robotic Pool Cleaners Work?
Robotic pool cleaners are powered by two electric motors:
- A drive motor, which facilitates the movement of the cleaner in the pool by powering the jets/wheels of the machine.
- A water pump, which pulls up the debris from your pool to the filters.
A majority of robotic pool cleaners come with an in build programmed system that studies the pool and figure out the most efficient cleaning pattern. As a result, these machines not only cleans efficiently but also saves your time. Another desirable thing is that the programmed system enables the machines to use the least amount of energy possible. In fact, when compared to the other types, robotic pool cleaners are typically the best energy savers.
Additionally, several robotic pool cleaners are compatible with the remote-control system; consequently, you control the cleaning while you sleep on the sunbed.
When it comes cleaning efficiency, hardly will you find a robotic pool cleaner that fails in this part. Designed with efficient filters, robotic pool cleaners can filter both small- and large-size debris.
Lower Maintenance and Energy Cost
Since robotic pool cleaners come with a computerized system, they hardly take paths that could destroy parts of the machine as well as surfaces of the pool. As a result, you will rarely have to repair or replace their parts.
Also, their programmed system enables them to take the shortest, most efficient patterns possible. Consequently, it consumes less electric power, thus cutting down the electricity bills.
10 Reasons You should Buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Robotic pool cleaners clean efficiently thus reducing the need for using chemicals. They, therefore, enhance a healthier swimming pool.
- Best type when it comes to mixing water thus reducing the need for chemical use (it mixes up to 85 GPM).
- Compared to other types, robotic pool cleaners are the best in regards to filtering fine particles (down to 2 microns), which also cuts the need for chemicals.
- Energy Savers. Consuming power equivalent to 5 cents per hour, there is no doubt that robotic pool cleaners are among the most efficient cleaners on the market. It uses 93 % less energy than standard cleaners (according to a study by National Plasterers Council Case).
- Cheap and easy to install. Unlike pressure pool cleaners, no single robotic cleaner depends on booster pump for functioning. So you will not have to incur extra costs buying booster pump and hiring an expert to install it.
- Robotic pool cleaners scrub every surface of your pool, starting from the floor to the walls and leave them the tidiest state possible.
- Saves labor costs. To use robotic cleaners, one simply connects it to the power system and get things rolling. Therefore there is no need of hiring a person to operate the machine.
- A majority of robotic cleaners come with an advanced filter system that can accommodate large amounts of debris thus reducing the frequency which you have to change the filters.
- It attracts affordable prices despite employing highly advanced technologies.
- Does not come with feed hoses; therefore, you won’t have to battle tangling challenges.
Vital Things Worth Knowing Before You Buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner
With the information below in the back of your mind, there are minimal chances of you making a wrong choice during the buying process.
Does It Clean Walls?
Note that: while a majority of robotic pool cleaners performs incredibly well in cleaning the floor of your pool, very few cleaners in this category can clean the vertical surfaces properly.
So be careful in case you need a pool cleaner that will clean the walls and stairs just as much as it will scrub the bottom of your pool.
Check the Energy Consumption
While it is true that robotic pool cleaners consume little energy, unfortunately, that is not the case for the older versions. The early versions of robotic pool cleaners consume as high as more than 1000 watts, yet they are still available on the market. Therefore be careful not to fall a victim.
Worry less because the latest versions usually have their power rating specifications indicated on their manuals. The most efficient brand comes with motors whose power consumption capacity is 24 Volt DC. As a result, you will be incurring as low costs as 5 cents for every hour you spend cleaning your pool.
Go for a Multi-Year Warranty
Repairing parts of a robotic pool cleaner is not a joke! At times it can cost you as high as what you spend on buying the entire machine. Therefore it is vital for you to employ measures that will reduce the frequency of repairing it.
First, always chooses a brand that comes with a 2-year warranty, if you get one with a 36-month warranty, the better. Secondly, choose a brand whose motor will cost you no more than $500 to repair.
Upgrades That Will Save You Money
Just like other products on the market, the best robotic pool cleaners will drain a significant amount of cash from your pocket. However, before you decide to sacrifice any extra dollar, ensure that the brand at hand has these features.
1. Cable Swivel
While the fact that robotic pool cleaners turn 360 degrees may sound like a nice thing, it has its consequences as well. Unless your automatic pool vacuum has a cable swivel, it will always have the power cable tangled to it. Therefore, you will have to untangle it literally; otherwise, the machine won’t clean your pool efficiently.
However, cable swivel does not eliminate the tangling problem 100 percent.
Unlike suction and pressure pool cleaners, most of the robotic pool cleaners are designed with an Intelligent Navigation system. Therefore robotic machines do not move in a random pattern as the suction and pressure-driven do. Instead, they maneuver using a calculated, efficient pattern. The advantage of this is that robotic cleaners can access all areas of your pool and leave them in tidy states, unlike suction and pressure-driven models that move in a random path.
Besides that, the efficient pattern will save energy, as well as, time used for cleaning. Among the models with best Intelligent Navigation are Dolphin Triton and Dolphin Nautilus.
3. Programmable Timer
Schedulable system is another desirable feature that is worth spending extra dollars on. With this system, cleaning your pool will not demand your physical presence. All you will be required to is to feed the program with the information about the specific days of the week that you intend to clean the pool. Then the machine will do the rest for you.
This feature not only makes it convenient to clean your pool but also increases efficiency, saves time and reduces maintenance costs by reducing the chances of erroneous accidents.
4. Adjustable Filter Media
In the past, buyers were required to select between cartridge- and tote-system brands. This was a challenging test, particularly for the first time buyers.
Thanks to the advancement in this industry as some pool cleaners now allow the buyers to switch from one filter option to the other. Among the best robotic cleaners on the market with this option include Hayward Tiger Shark and some Maytronics cleaners.
We recommend pool cleaners with flexible media options because they remain efficient throughout the year. Note that some seasons (e.g., windy seasons) will result in your pool accumulating a lot of small size debris, whereas, other seasons, will fill your pool with large size debris. Therefore, with flexible media, you will be able to change filters depending on the seasons.